CALL FOR POSTERS / EXTENDED ABSTRACTS
We welcome submissions of extended abstracts (2 to 4 pages) to be presented during a poster session (about 35-45 min). The manuscripts should use the LaTeX Sage style provided in this link. All submissions will be peer-reviewed and selected based on their originality, technical quality, clarity and their relevance to Underwater Applications; priority will be given to Underwater Perception related topics. We encourage the presentation of on-going work and the participation of young researchers in order to promote themselves within the community. All accepted abstracts will be made available in the workshop website.
Contributions to the workshop may address any underwater application, but preference will be given to the following aspects:
- Object detection and recognition in different sensor domains (monocular and stereo camera, sonar or other acoustic sensors, etc)
- Object tracking (e.g. visual servoing, pose estimation)
- Image preprocessing for distortion removal (white-balance, dehazing, color correction)
- Sensor fusion (stereo-vision, acoustic sensors i.e. sonars, multibeams, etc)
- Environment modeling (3D mapping, octomap, study partially structured environments)
- Simulation of marine environments and simulation in the loop
- Machine Learning/Deep Learning practices in all of the above topics
Please submit your paper via e-mail to email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manuscript submission deadline: August 6th, 2018. PST time.
- Notification of aceptance: August 8th, 2018. PST time.
- Camera-ready manuscript: August 31th, 2018. PST time.
- Workshop date: September 9th, 2018. 12:30 PM. CEST time.